Saturday, August 23, 2014

Spoons

For the longest time I had a problem explaining how this disease affects my daily life.  It's easy to explain symptoms and the science of the disease.   It's right there on the surface to see or can be researched online.  But how I live with it is another story.

I found this video and it helped me to understand my own disease.  It explains the spoon theory.



Here is a link to the written story straight from Christine Miserandino's blog @ www.butyoudontlooksick.com





Yesterday I borrowed spoons from today and possibly tomorrow.  If I don't rest and do VERY light duty tasks every day then I am completely spent by late afternoon.  Yesterday I was not on my Tindamax so I thought I would take advantage of a day of less herxing.  Boy, was that a mistake.

Although I do not regret the time spent with my husband and children...  I am regretting that I didn't take it easy yesterday.  My Dr warned me about this.  Just because I have a "good" day I still have to take it easy.  Recovery will take me a year or more to be close to where I once used to be.

Words cannot express how HORRIBLE I feel right now.  I don't know what it feels like to be hit by a bus, but I imagine this would be it.  (Now, I didn't say crushed or mangled...  Just hit.)  EVERYWHERE HURTS. Everywhere...

I am going to take a detox bath and try to take a nap.  I also have to get going on my fundraiser....  My insurance is only covering 10 days a month of Tindamax.  I just purchased 5 days, (10 pills,) for $82.27.  Not too bad, but I hope I am not on these pills for long.  I have not been doing much for fundraising lately.  

OH, here is another link to Christine's site about some of the things I deal with every day.  She has Lupus but Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis....  It's all about the same as Lyme all wrapped up into one. 


Have a great day everyone and keep on keeping on!!!  LYME WARRIOR!  (Although I feel more physically defeated today...  The show must go on!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment