Friday, August 15, 2014

Low immune system problems

Low immune systems come with many complications.  Fighting off a virus that your body naturally can handle, healing wounds and total body health are just not being taken care of efficiently. 

Earlier in the year I had an infection in my belly button.  It wouldn't go away no matter what I did.  Finally I was on a bit of antibiotics and it eventually went away.

I had mentioned earlier in another post that I had contracted two other secondary infections and because of a low immune system my body could not fight them off.  Many people have various infections and they never know they have them because your immune system keeps them at bay.

Last week I developed blisters under my clear bandaid cover.  We placed another cover a week later and kept it off the site.  Another week past and it has only grown.  Nothing covering it.  My nurse clipped a wing to place another covering over my PICC line, this time with sensitive tape.  I am not getting blisters under the cover, thank goodness, but the original site is growing. 

I keep cleaning it, using ointment, changing gauze...  The infection is spreading and it hurts so bad.

Thankfully I meet with my doctor on Monday.  This is annoying!

I'm thankful it has not spread to my PICC line.  I'm thankful that I have means to maintain it until my immune system is back up.  Lyme will always attack it.  I will be alright as long as I stay out of the hospital, keep fighting, and have high spirits about this battle... As well as many priesthood blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment