Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Spiritual promptings

Three entries in one day! 

As I am lying here at almost 11pm, I can't help but feel a bit down from how hard today was to bare.  I had to skip my presidency meeting.  It really was an emotional time for me.  I am so excited to get back to something normal again.  Even when I discontinue the IV meds I will still have to take it one day at a time to bring my activity back to what it used to be. 

I still have to have my sinus polyps removed and that's another week to two weeks rest.  I cannot have the surgery until my immune system is stable and I am a lot stronger.  I may wait until after my birthday in October so I can have a break.  My ENT said to me back in January to keep looking into why I'm sick but to not wait longer than 3 months before I have them removed...  Well, that wasn't possible.  So hopefully they haven't grown.  We are about 90% sure they will be benign.  Either way, a biopsy will be performed before the surgery... Both requiring me to go under anesthesia in the hospital.  My immune system must be be strong enough for the recovery.  Also, all areas of the head, especially the nose/sinus region are major bleeders.  That's why I must be better, especially with a low white, red and platelet count. 

So, back to me having an emotionally hard time today.  It was the hardest missing our meeting.  It is SO frustrating not being able to go.  I want to be there very badly.  I know I have an amazing group of sisters in the primary with me and are running the show while I am gone.  They are amazing.  I am truly thankful to each one...  I am inspired, blessed, and feel the love each one has for their calling.  I am nothing as a president without them. 

As I lay in my bed, wishing I was there at the chapel instead of here in pain...  I said a little sobby heart-felt prayer.  Nothing big or formal, just a plead to Heavenly Father.  I really needed cheering up.  All I asked for was that my great friend stop by after the meeting to say hi.

After I pleaded this I was swept up in mommy duties, (which was basically me telling my younger two to stop being loud and playing on my bed since it was making things worse for me,) and never thought to call her to ask to come see me.

My husband was picking up the older two from their church activities and they always beat daddy to the door, knocking on the window.  I hear a knock and tell my younger two to let in their brother and sister.  My daughter yells out, "Mom!  It's your meeting!"  I'm thinking she is crazy and I ask her who is it.  She repeats her original response and I then say it must  e someone from the meeting or from church.  Thankfully it was because one of my two opened the door.  (Yikes!)

It was a prayer answered!  There from my bed I could hear my friends voice!  I couldn't believe it!  I yelled out for her to come into the bedroom.  During our conversation she told me that she had drove toward here but didn't have anything to bring me so she kept going past.  She aslo expanded that something made her turn around and stop by anyway....  (can you see the tears in my eyes right now!)

I am thankful for so many blessings in our lives.  More importantly I am blessed that I have so many friends who act upon the small promptings of the spirit.  We all are truly instrumental is Gods work and are one way God answers our prayers.  This prayer was small but big to me.  Very big. 
I pray that I may always live my life that I may be in tune to the promptings of the spirit so I may help answer the prayers of His children.  He truly does hear us!

No comments:

Post a Comment