Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Find your motivation each day

Every single day I pull myself out of bed, pain stricken, exhausted, but yet hopeful.  Another day down!  Time will pass...  It's inevitable.  What we do with that time is what matters most.  It can help build or regress.  Each day I only have a limited amount of energy or strength to get through my day.  Finding my motivation is not always easy.  Knowing I am doing this to get better should be easy.  With Lyme treatment you have to get worse before you get better.  So each day I wake up knowing I'm going in to infuse meds that will make me feel horrible later in the day.  It's tough. 

So my motivation is my kids.  They keep me going.  They are my world!  Lately  Heavenly Father has blessed me with a friend to visit with during infusions.  He is older and a very remarkable man.  His spirit is strong and I am thankful to see him every day.  I love to hear him speak of his experiences and his knowledge is something I aspire to.  I would love to read his biography or to sit by his side and listen to his past.

I have always been fascinated with history and it's surprising I know little information about it.  I mostly interest myself in experiences that individuals go through and what it was like for them to live at the time. 

I have a hard time thinking straight with Lyme and memory loss is a big factor for me.  I have to work harder to keep on track and it's very frustrating.

I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who knows my needs...  Even as small as placing me with this gentleman who I look forward to seeing every morning.

On another note!  My doctor appointment went well.  I am finishing up my 4th week tomorrow.  We now are basing my treatment on symptoms.  I have reached the minimum treatments so from here out it will determine on how I feel if we continue.  My red and white blood cells are still low as well as my platelets.  My immune system is still very low, too.  I will always need to be on high volumes of supplements to assist it.  I will get sick easy...  Take longer to recover.  Knowing is half the battle, though!

Oh!  And my rash is dramatically better!  Since it is an allergic reaction I was told to use hydrocortisone ointment instead.  It worked!  All though the neosporin was removing the infection each bandage change it was not solving the root problem.

Either way, I'm happy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment