Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Day 1

Woke up today amongst friends and family.  It was our 3rd time attending the overnight New Years Party at our dear friends home.  We are so thankful to have such wonderful friends!  Our children get along so well and it's always good to catch up.  This time our gathering was more of a distraction from life.  Whatever you call it we enjoyed our friends company.  My kiddos especially love having a sleepover with their cousins so it makes it even better for them.  

During the night we wrote on wish paper and lit them away.  It was fun and a special memory I know we will all remember.  Especially once I upload the pics!  My sweet children wished away.  My youngest for her to always be happy and no one is mad.  My youngest son, to play the Xbox 360.  The other one wasn't interested in taking part, like daddy.  And my oldest wish just broke my heart.  She wished for a cure for Lyme disease.  Poor kiddo.  She is sweet and needs wishes of her own.  Not worries for her mothers health.  She has seen me become sick since she was 10. She has known of all the doctors visits I have been to to find out what's wrong with me.  Hospital visits, road trips to doctors in other states, days spent collapsed on the couch or in bed from fighting exhaustion too long.  She sees me take my pile of daily pills and knows I'm still not better from the things I just can't do anymore.  She feels the stress from it and I wish I could lessen it for her.  I try so hard not to complain anymore and tough out my fatigue and pain....  She just knows me too well.  Such a bright kid.  If she were younger it may have been easier for her, to never know anything different, or to hide it from her better.  (It also doesn't help when you find out that her school had her doing a plague project on Lyme disease.) 

As the first day of the new year drew near to an end we arrived home and I walked into our mess.  This last year has shown in my home.  New pets, new toys, new clothes, new stuff and nothing has left.  My New Years resolutions are to be a minimalist.  Live with less.  Get rid of 70% of our things and use only what we NEED to survive.  Well, there will be a bit more than that kept but I can not imagine next year if this doesn't stop now.  It's ridiculous!!!  I never imagined my home so full of things that I am responsible for taking care of.  I am considering a yard sale but I don't know where to put all the stuff in the meantime before I sell it.  My garage is my hubby's domain and it is x10 worse than inside!  I can barely get to my washer, dryer and deep freezer...  It's insane!  

Well, I am ready to go and once I awake I'm starting with laundry and taking down Christmas.  I need to go through that, too.  Christmas bins full of weird crap that I don't use...  For why?  Silly girl!  I am going to stop at these two until my surgery recovery is over.  Then it's on to one room at a time.  I'm so excited I can't even sleep!!  Maybe I will reward myself with a fresh coat of paint in the master bedroom's accent wall.  That is if we don't move soon! Sheesh, I hope not.  At least it will be easier to pack!


No comments:

Post a Comment